Mark 4:10-11 “But when He was alone, those around Him with the twelve asked Him about the parable. And He said to them, “To you it has been given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables.”

I can remember a time in my life where I wouldn’t read the bible because I simply could not understand. The reason why I couldn’t understand was because I wasn’t willing to spend time with the Lord intimately. I wanted it to be a checklist, to know enough to make it by in the church as I kept up my Christian facade. As I began to spend more time seeking the heart of God, He began revealing more and more through His word. We have understanding of the Word of God because we have been filled with His Spirit. Those that do not have the Spirit dwelling in them do not have the understanding of the word of God. Those that were given to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of God were those that were close to Jesus. Those that were “outside” were those that only sought Jesus for the works and their own gain. If I only go to the Lord when I need something, I don’t have a real relationship with Him. When we spend time with Him, we become learners and better know the voice of the Father.




Luke 2:46 “Now so it was that after three days they found Him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the teachers, both listening to them and asking them questions.”

            From a young age Jesus took on the role of a student and His wisdom and understanding put the Pharisees to shame. No matter what age or stage of life we’re in, we are called to be students and learners. I was never one to love school; in fact I only liked it because of my teachers. My whole life I’ve wanted to become a teacher, not realizing that teachers must also be taught. I never imagined I would be in a relationship with the God who calls us to be lifetime learners. I have to continue in my education to get my degrees, but even beyond that point I will be learning from my students. In my relationship with God, I’ve come to the realization that learning never actually stops. I’m reminded of a song whose lyrics are: “The more I seek you, the more I find you. The more I find you, the more I love you.” That’s the reality of a genuine relationship with the Lord. When we seek Him with our whole heart, He makes Himself known to us, which creates a greater desire to know Him more. God is infinite and our peanut minds will never be able to grasp the depth of who He is. I’m humbled at this knowing that I serve a God who is far greater in knowledge and wisdom, and yet He desires to be in relationship with me.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02