Week One: 10/16-10/20

Week One: 10/16-10/20

Exodus 33:18 “And he said, “Please, show me Your glory.””

In this area of scripture, Moses meets with God and God promises Moses that His presence will go with him. Moses’ response was, “If Your presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here.” He then continues to ask the Lord to show him His glory. Reading this passage, I instantly became convicted and was brought back to a sermon taught in our training in Guatemala by Austin Hyatt. He was speaking about seeking the presence of God over the blessings of God. Many times I have to catch myself in the midst of my actions and/or thoughts of my future and ask myself that question. Am I seeking the presence of God or the blessings of God? To simply be in His presence and to walk in His will should be more than enough. This first week has been interesting; my expectations were to come and immediately start doing ministry with the children and church. However, it has been slow. We’ve been going to Khmer language school, church conferences about leadership and marriage, and simply adjusting to life here. I’ve found that I’ve had more free time on my hands than anticipated. I’ve had no choice but to spend time with the Lord in prayer and reading the word. In this time, the Lord clearly spoke to me as I shared my heart with a teammate. If in this time I only draw closer to Him and do absolutely nothing else, I know that is all that the Lord saw fit for this time. So my prayer for the continuation of this time is that the Lord would show me His glory as I spend time seeking and dwelling in His presence.


Application: Today I will write down all of the desires that I have for these six months and seal it closed, only to be opened at the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02