Week Two: 10/23-10/27

Week Two: 10/23-10/27

Psalm 93:4 “The Lord on high is mightier than the noise of many waters, than the mighty waves of the sea.”

            If I’ll be honest, this week was rough. I woke up on Tuesday morning with a swollen eye and as I write this on Thursday, it is only just beginning to go down. My heart has felt far from the Lord; little things have begun to move me and the adjustments of this new life have left me feeling alone. How can a time that is so peaceful feel like a storm? Not quite sure how, but for a moment I felt like Peter as he began to sink in the waters. The reason why he began to sink was because he took his eyes off Jesus. I took my eyes off Jesus and forgot why I was doing this. Nothing that I’m doing can be for personal gain because if it is, I’m missing the whole picture. I forgot that I was doing this for Jesus and for those He longs to be in relationship with. I forgot that I serve the God that is higher and mightier than any storm that I’m in and it is He who calms the storm. My prayer for this week has been that my eyes would be fixed on the Lord and that distractions and feelings would not hinder me. Truth is, this is just the beginning of one of the most incredible yet challenging experiences of my life thus far. I know far greater challenges await me, but I choose to trust the God of the storm. God promised me this verse and I choose to walk in this promise: Exodus 14:14 “The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.” I have the peace that passes all understanding through the Lord because I’m able to trust that He fights for me.

Application: Today I will share this verse with my teammates and pray with them, that we would truly walk in this promise.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02