Week Nine: 12/11-12/15

Week Nine: 12/11-12/15

Ephesians 2:22 “In Him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the spirit.”

I’ve been reading through the book of Haggai this week for my devotional. This book is about the rebuilding of the temple of the Lord and reordering the spiritual priorities of the Jewish people. The people prolonged the building because they felt it wasn’t the right timing due to opposition. The people repented of this and the Lord therefore promised His blessing upon them and for His presence to dwell with them. Reading this made me realize that this time for me has been a rebuilding of myself as a temple for the Lord.  Through the Holy Spirit and God’s Word we are able to walk in obedience and allow the Lord to create in us a dwelling place for Him. I did this “Christian” walk for quite sometime before realizing I was just walking in circles. I was expecting God to radically transform my life when all I would do is live in comfort and live off of Sunday and Wednesday message scraps. How was I expecting the Lord to bring healing and restoration that way? I’m not sure, but I now realize the hard work that has to go into it. This rebuilding is something that I’m sure doesn’t 100% get finished until the day of Christ. But I know the Lord will honor my obedience, bless my decisions when they align with His will for my life, and dwell with me for all of my days. I no longer want to run back to my old comforts and the life I created for myself in the time that I didn’t think I needed God. I want God to be the center of my life so that He can be honored in my worship and my life would be an outpouring of all that He is and all He is doing. This season has been one of growth and truly examining my heart. Although its been a huge challenge, I know the Lord is creating me to be a vessel of honor for His glory.


Application: I have nothing for an application.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02