Week Seven: 11/27-12/1

Week Seven: 11/27-12/1

Philippians 1:6 “Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”

This is something I remind myself daily; I’m a work in progress. I know I’m no longer who I was, but I’m not yet who the Lord intends me to be. He’s shaping and molding me day by day. This week the Lord has been teaching me about resting in the promises that He’s given me through His Word. I was reading through the book of Joel and came across this verse: “So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten.” My relationship with my family immediately came to mind. Not all of my siblings are saved and not all have received healing from our upbringing. They have been weighing heavy on my heart and I ask the Lord, “How much longer until we are restored as a family?” It’s easy to lose heart in the process and think that the Lord has stopped the work that He has begun. That night the Lord put it on my heart to write down each and every promise He’s given me. It was almost as though I heard Him say, “Do you trust Me enough to put your hope in Me?” Reading this verse helped solidify my trust in the Lord and His promises. He will bring the work He has begun to completion. All He’s asking me to do right now is to be faithful with all that He’s put before me and to be diligent in prayer and in reading His Word. It’s through prayer that we receive peace, but also where we see the miracles come to life. God delights in our mess and ugliness as we bring it to Him in the raw and in truth. The beautiful thing is that He doesn’t just leave us there, but restores us and uses everything for His good and His glory. I’ve been learning to boldly come into the throne room of grace to receive help in my time of need. His grace is sufficient.


Application: This week I will call my little sister and catch up on all the lord has been doing in her life and in mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02