Week Six: 11/20-11/24

Week Six: 11/20-11/24

Deuteronomy 12:9 “For as yet you have not come to the rest and the inheritance which the Lord your God is giving you.”

As we enter into the sixth week of field time I have to admit, I’m tired. We teach in New Life School every Monday and Tuesday, go to the villages every other week, and serve in the church on Sundays, amongst many other opportunities. I love doing each and every one of these things and look forward to them, yet a part of me feels like I’m hitting a wall. As I read this verse, I’m reminded that we are to run this race as if we are looking to win the prize; we are to fight the good fight until we enter into rest. I think that it’s easy to lose sight of the hope that we have in eternity and begin to lose heart and become troubled and afraid. John 14:12 says that whoever believes in Jesus will do the works that He did and even greater. This is possible because He has given us the Holy Spirit as a helper; especially in the times where we feel like we cant do anything. In having this promise, we should be more than willing to walk in obedience and humility until our time has come. In this time we are to be laying up treasures in heaven and seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. These things we do aren’t just a to do list, but these are real people and souls that are in desperate need of a savior. This isn’t the time to get lazy, rest, or check out, but to get up in obedience and do all that the Lord has asked of me. I think that if I keep a Colossians 3:2 mindset of seeking the things above and not the things of earth, I will find it easier and much more fulfilling to do all that I’m asked to do. Thinking in light of eternity, the riches of heaven, and rest in the presence of the Lord is enough for me to say it is worth it. Spending hours chasing kids, sleeping in bug infested rooms, exhaustion beyond anything I’ve ever experienced, all equate to the greatest joy I’ve yet to experience in my life. Faithfully walking in the will of God and experiencing the most abundant life. I know that my inheritance is in Christ and as for now, He’s called me to live a life of a faithful servant and disciple.

Application: Whenever I feel weak, I will refer back to this verse and remind myself of why I’m doing this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02