Week Fifteen 01/22-01/26


Week Fifteen 01/22-01/26

2 Kings 6:16-17 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” And Elisha prayed, and said, “Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.”
            
     Where are you fixing your eyes? I’ve been reminding this week to have a heavenly perspective. In this area of scripture, Elisha is sought after by the king of Syria because Elisha keeps telling the king of Israel when they are going to attack. One day, Elisha’s servant looked out to find they were completely surrounded by an army of horses and chariots. In fear, he asked Elisha what they should do. Elisha’s response was to ask the Lord to open his servant’s eyes. This was done so that he could see that the Lord had actually surrounded them with horses and chariots of fire. I find myself far too often letting my circumstances effect my thoughts and perspective. When we allow fear to cloud our sight, we lose any clarity of the decisions we are to make. If you look at the physical circumstances, you’ll most likely make bad decisions. When we fix our eyes on Jesus, all our fears and worries are removed. As we draw nearer to His presence, our sight becomes clearer. More times than not I forget the God is the Lord angel armies; His angels fight for us and surround us. God’s promise stands that he will never leave nor forsake us, not even in the most helpless situations. When it looked as though there would be no escape, the Lord revealed Himself to Elisha’s servant and restored hope. All throughout training it was easy to look at the end point, instead of focusing on what was right in front of me. In doing so, I lose sight of all the God wants to do right here and right now. Things don’t always look the way you’d expect them to either. The story ends with the Syrian army being led to Samaria, having a feast, and leaving them alone. I expect things to look how I would like them to not always trusting that God is the God of the impossible. This week we fasted and prayed and some of my prayers included the salvation of my younger siblings. At some points I doubted God’s ability to do a work in their lives, especially because they are young. On Sunday, the day after we broke the fast, my sister texted me to let me know that she and my younger brother had given their lives to Jesus and would be getting baptized soon. Praise the Lord!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02