Week Nineteen: 02/19-02/23

Week Nineteen: 02/19-02/23


Isaiah 64:4 “Never again will you be called “The Forsaken City” or “The Desolate Land.” Your new name will be “The City of God’s Delight” and “The Bride of God,” for the Lord delights in you and will claim you as his bride.”

            One thing I have asked of the Lord in this time is for Him to no longer be distant, but to be my husband and best friend. This morning I woke up and I had enough. I felt like David crying out to God in his distress: “Lord, how much longer?” As I went to read my devotion, I was pressed to read in Isaiah in order to remember the promises God has spoken over me. I just so happened to come across this verse and was instantly comforted. It’s not about my feelings or thoughts towards God, but His feelings and thoughts towards me. I know that certain aspects of the Lord’s heart can only be revealed though personal experience, so I know this is a concept I wont fully grasp until marriage. However, that doesn’t mean I can’t begin to fill my heart and mind with the truth of who God has redeemed and called me to be. I’m no longer driven by fear and shame, but driven by power, love, and a sound mind. I know with all of my heart that the Lord is my first love and all I need. For the first time in my life I can say I’m excited for marriage in the purest way, because I’m convinced it will mirror the image of Christ and His bride. For as long as I can remember, the thought of marriage was a distant and scary idea. All relationships I’ve had have left me broken and hurt, not to mention my parents had a horrible marriage as well. This season has been a season of knowledge and realization of love. I know my God delights in me and there is nothing that can separate me from His love. I know that my desires and pursuit align with His will for my life, the pursuit of holiness and sanctification.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02