Week Seventeen 02/05-02/09


Week Seventeen 02/05-02/092

Corinthians 12:9 “And He said to me, ”My grace is sufficient for you, my strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of God may rest upon me.”

An ongoing joke I have about myself is that my weakness is my strength. I’m pretty sure I am the epitome of Murphy's Law: anything that can go wrong will go wrong. However, in all of that mess, I’m forced to rely solely on the Lord. I see it as the weaker the person, the more clearly God’s grace is able to shine. This week I got to live out this verse. We went out to eat on Wednesday evening and I immediately knew I had eaten something funky. One of my teammates had thrown up through the night and decided it would be best to stay home from our village visits. The next morning I still wasn’t feeling well, but decided to push through and travel to the village. I realized I was slowly getting worse but there was no way we’d be able to turn back around. We were also 2 men down out of 7 and wouldn’t have been able to do our program with just 4 people. So I began to pray. My prayer wasn’t that God would heal my body, but that He would be my strength and sustain me through the 2 programs. Before, in between, and after I slept.  Yet during the programs I was singing, dancing, giving the lesson, and leading the games. There is absolutely no way this could’ve been done, at least not with a joyful and willing heart. As soon as I saw the faces of the children, I knew exactly whom this was for and who would make a way for me to do it. It sounds like I’m over exaggerating but these were by far the greatest kid’s programs I’ve done. I know its because none of it was done in my own flesh. When I say weakness is my strength, I mean that I’ve come to the end of myself and God has to come through and use this broken but willing vessel. And He always does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02