Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23


 Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23 

Leviticus 26:13 "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their slaves; I have broken the bands of your yoke and made you walk upright.” 
           
It’s easy to forget where you came from and how you got to the place you are. It’s easy to dwell on the past and lose sight of all that’s right in front of you. This week has been challenging for me because I’ve found myself wandering back to old thoughts; thoughts of fear and doubt. As we draw near to the ending of field time and preparations for the next season of life at home, I’m nervous. It’s slightly due to the fact that I have to face some old giants that I’ve put aside in my time here. Going home means working on broken relationships with my family and sharing the work that the Lord has done in and through me over this year. I’ve begun to think that maybe these giants are too big. Maybe they wont believe that I’ve changed at all, maybe I haven’t actually changed. See, the Israelites found themselves in a somewhat similar predicament. They were delivered out of Egypt and were promised a new land and that God would be with them. However many challenging circumstances and giants of the land cause them to fall into fear and old sins. They forgot that it was God who brought them out of bondage and that it would be God who would continue to make a way and fulfill His promises. I am not bound to past sins or even bound to believe the lies that the enemy so sneakily tries to whisper into my ear. This year has been incredible and the work that the Lord has done is irreversible. I’m excited to share with my family and friends back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02