08/21/2107
Ephesians 5:21 “Submitting to one another in the fear of God.”

As the body of Christ and those that are led by His spirit, we are called to humbly submit to one another. As I’ve reflected on my walk with the Lord, I can’t say I can recall a time where I’ve consciously had to do that.  As I look forward to my time in Cambodia, the Lord has been telling me to walk in humility with my team members. It’s easy to want to take charge or want things to go my way without seeking approval from them. However, I know that as a group of five girls, it could mean that we would have to go the extra mile with submitting to one another. In our reading of On Being A Servant Of God last week, one quote stood out to me amongst the rest. “When other people don’t see things your way, trust God to show them what’s right. And be sure to ask God to show you if perhaps you may be wrong.” Truthfully, we aren’t always speaking out of a heart that is led by the spirit, but in our own flesh. It’s hard sometimes to admit that we’re wrong, but the purpose of the body is to sharpen and edify one another. My prayer here has been that the Lord would search my heart, try me, see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. When we allow the Lord to search us and seek our motives, we allow Him to shine light and put things into perspective. We don’t work against one another, but we’re working to build His kingdom. And first and foremost we are to submit to the Lord.

Application: When we meet with our Cambodia team for prayer, we will pray for mutual submission every time until we are sent.



08/22/2017
1 Corinthians 9:22 “To the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.”

Paul made himself a servant to all in order that he might win them. He became all things to all men, that he might by all means win some. I can’t help but be reminded of the fact that that’s exactly what Jesus did. He came down to earth in humility to serve others and to be crucified, in order that we may obtain salvation. Paul was simply following the model that Christ gave us. This doesn’t mean that Paul would partake in the ways of the world, but he became relatable and accessible to all men. Being here, I realized that reaching the people means adapting to their culture and ways of life. For me not to learn Spanish or do the things of these people, means I miss out on huge opportunities to share the gospel with them. I lay down my pride and comfort in order that the Spirit would manifest Himself in me. It’s important to pray for discernment in these situations and really allow the Lord to lead and guide your actions. I know that going to Cambodia will be a challenge because of the spiritual oppression and warfare, but I know the Lord will go before us. There are certain things we, as a team, will have to adapt to in order that we might win the souls of the Cambodian people.
Application: Everyday this week I will read through Ephesians 6, about the armor of God, and ask that the Lord would prepare my heart for the battle we are entering into.


 08/23/2017

Galatians 5:13 “For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.”

Christian freedom is not for selfish gain but for serving others. We should freely serve one another in humility because that is exactly what Christ did. He Himself wasn’t a slave to sin, but was in all things obedient to the Father. Why would Christ take on such pain for people that would spit in His face? It was for the joy that was set before Him. We are the joy set before Him. If only we could look at those that the Lord calls us to serve in the same matter. We don’t serve because we get something from it, but because we know the joy of a brother or sister coming to Christ. As I’m writing this I’m reminded of Matthew 5:16 “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven.” By our actions and heart towards people, they see the Lord in us. May God receive all of the glory in our service to one another.

Application: I will take out the trash every day until we switch rooms again.




 08/24/2017
Romans 15:1 “We then who are strong ought to bear with the scruples of the weak, and not please ourselves.”








 08/25/2017
1 Corinthians 12:14 “For in fact the body is not one member but many.”


I’ve been dwelling a lot on the concept of unity in the body of Christ. Earlier in this chapter, we see the diversity of the gifts coming from the same spirit to create profit for all.  We are all gifted differently but it is from the same God who works all in all. Verse 13 says “For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body- whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free- and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.” Although we have physical and culturally different backgrounds, Christ is out common denominator. In Christ we have unity, because Christ came to abolish all barriers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02