Week Three: 10/30-11/3

Week Three: 10/30-11/3
Habakkuk 1:5 “Look among the nations and watch- be utterly astounded! For I will work a work in your days which you would not believe, though it were told you.”

It’s crazy to read this verse and be reminded of just 3 weeks ago. I had lunch with a woman I met on a mission trip to Peru in the summer of 2016. On that mission trip she prophesied specific things over my life that I’m now walking in. At the time there was no way I was ever going to believe it. This time as I met with her, she spoke life over me but also reiterated this verse. She told me some of the things God had spoken to her regarding my future. One thing she said was “If God revealed everything that’s to come, you would surely run.” Without a doubt, I believe I would run as well. This week our team had the opportunity to go to a village called Khrang Thnong. As this was our first of many village visits here, I had no idea what to expect. We pretty much were surrounded by children from sunrise to sundown. We attended the Sunday church service and much to our surprise, those children walked into service. None were with parents, none were dressed for church, yet all were there for one reason or another. They sat with us and I couldn’t help but wonder if they would’ve stepped foot into that church had it not been for us. As I held little Chundy in my arms, I was brought back to my childhood days of going to church simply to receive love and attention. There was one woman named Maria who held me in her arms and I would fall asleep. Chundy fell asleep in my arms and for the first time everything clicked from my childhood. The Lord promised me that he would redeem my childhood, but I never believed it. I now get to hold and love the children that wouldn’t otherwise receive it. I get to look at every child in the face, past the potential hurt and neglect, and see a beautiful human that is deeply loved by his/her Creator. Romans 8:28 was a verse that I never believed with my whole heart, but I now believe He does make all things work for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.


Application: At our next village visit I will purpose to look for the one child that is not paid attention to and show him/her the love of Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02