Week Eight: 12/4-12/8

Week Eight: 12/4-12/8

Jeremiah 18:4 “And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make.”
          
  This passage never meant much to me until this year, witnessing the potter and the clay demonstration by Pastor Mike. I never truly saw the symbolism with God being the potter and I being the clay. God has the power and authority to form and create us as He wishes. He even has the ability to dispose of us as he pleases and there would be no way to question this, as he is the potter and we are merely clay. To me this is comforting because I know that God is good and His Word tells me that He fights for me. My job as a daughter is to simply love Him, walk humbly, and be obedient to all He asks of me.  In those steps of obedience he creates in us character and forms us into the image of His Son. Sometimes we think life should look a certain way and so we try to plan our own ways. But the Bible tells us that man plans his way but the Lord directs his steps. Before coming to IGNITE, my mentor gave me this verse: “O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps. O Lord, correct me, but with justice; not in your anger, lest you bring me to nothing.” Jeremiah 10:23-24 I know that the path that the Lord has placed me on leads to life and life abundantly. However, sometimes I doubt because the road gets difficult and painful. When the potter smashes and forms the clay its painful and messy. The Lord delights in our mess and in that mess He creates in us character. Sometimes as I go through these hardships I ask God why and lose heart. In Romans 9:20 its says, “Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “why have you made me like this?”” I’m learning to trust God with my life and the process of holiness and sanctification He’s taking me through.
           
Application: This week I will wash the dishes every day after dinner.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02