Week Eleven: 12/25-12/29

Week Eleven: 12/25-12/29

Zechariah 2:5 “For I, says the Lord, will be a wall of fire all around her and I will be the glory in her midst.”

I write this from a sweet place of victory. I’m not sure why, but the enemy sure knows how to derail every truth, victory, and promise given by God. I’m learning that in the attack, I am to hold tightly to every word given to me. As I began reading through the book of Zechariah, I noticed that when God told the Israelites to rebuild Jerusalem He told them to build without walls. One could easily think this would be a bad idea, but God wanted to stress the fact that He is a wall of fire for protection and the glory in their midst. I was talking to my teammate, Dani, and shared my struggle with building genuine relationships with people. I have built invisible walls of protection around myself out of fear. In this season the Lord is rebuilding and restoring my life, and part of that process is allowing my teammates and overseers to help me. No walls. No fear. Simply learning to trust God with every aspect of my life and this transformation He’s taking me through. I have no doubt that people are able to hurt me, as past experience proves, but I’m tired of living a life in fear and in seclusion. I know that we are relational beings and we are to be as iron sharpening iron with one another. Just as one person alone could not rebuild the temple, I cannot be rebuilt by my own strength and will power. I’m quickly realizing this is the most difficult and painful process, but without it I wont be able to experience the glory of God. As I step into this next half of field time I’m both excited and nervous. I know that my biggest fear of returning home the same is something I no longer have to worry about. God has already revealed changes He’s made in my heart and reading this book has also confirmed the work that He is doing in this season.


Application: This week I will thank my teammates for coming alongside me and being encouragement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02