Week Five: 11/13-11/17

Week Five: 11/13-11/17

John 1:34 “And I have seen and testified that this is the son of God.”

Someone once shared with me that the power of your testimony is often times more effective in leading a person to Christ than simply sharing the gospel alone. No one can deny the miracles and works that God has done in your life. Taking this a step further, you yourself can’t deny the goodness of the Lord when you’ve seen His hand in your life. This week has been challenging for me and I’ve felt far from God. We’re in a village about 8 hours away from Phnom Penh, constantly doing ministry. I’ve asked God probably about a million times why I’m here and if this is even worth it. In questioning why I’m here, I’ve also posed the question of whether or not I’m here because of my own doing. As a result, I was inclined to look into my journal from this year. I could see specific things that I had been praying about, many of which came to pass. I am sitting in a remote, off the map village that has never heard the name of Jesus and I have the audacity to think I could’ve done this in my own willpower. None of my earthly desires could even compare to the goodness of the Lord in leading me here. One night here, Dani and I looked at the night sky and mutually expressed our desire to see a shooting star. In hopeful expectation we laid out a blanket and patiently waited, prayed, and talked. After a few minutes, right in the center of our vision, the most beautiful shooting star rang in the night sky. It was almost as though God heard our prayers and said, “why not, my daughter?” In that moment, every doubt diminished and my restless heart was quieted. We’ll never know how far God will go to say He loves us, but His love is a testimony that He is real and that He is for us.

Application: This week I will walk to the park every morning to spend time with the lord in nature and beauty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02