Week Four: 11/6-11/10

Week Four: 11/6-11/10

Zephaniah 3:17 “The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save: He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”
          
          I read this verse during my devotion this week and prayed that the Lord would allow me to really understand the depth of this passage. Though out this book Zephaniah is warning Judah that the final days were close. He exhorted the people to seek the Lord because He is their shelter in times of trouble. He proclaimed the promise of salvation that was to come for those who believed. With this, blessings from God would be poured out on Judah and the nations that chose to seek God. The people go from potential wrath from God to receiving blessing and the promise that He is in their midst and will save them. On Sunday I got to talk to my sister back at home and shared this verse with her. To my surprise she had actually chosen this verse as her family’s verse for the year. She’s been walking through healing and redemption, much like I have. We have racing hearts that are prone to wonder and go back to our old sin and shame. Yet He has promised us that He will quiet us with His love and rejoice over us with singing. I truly believe that this verse was given to us by the Lord to grow alongside one another. We are the Bride of Christ and in us is His delight. I think once we believe this, we find our identity and worth in Christ. There is nothing that we’ve done that can separate us from His love. We no longer receive the judgment that was intended for us, because Christ came and took it upon himself. I know that He saved me once by the cross and He will continue to fight for me until the day we are united.

Application: this week I will study through the book of Zephaniah and share with a teammate all that the Lord spoke to me through it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02