Week Fourteen 01/15-01/19


Week Fourteen 01/15-01/19
Romans 10:14-15 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!”

This week we were able to spend three days in the Kratie Province. On one of our days there, we were able to go to a village that was about 2-3 hours away from the church we were staying at. In order to get there we had to take a van about an hour out until it couldn’t make it any further. We then walked until we were able to catch a ride with what seemed to be a tractor with an attachment on the back, driven by a young teenage boy and his friends. We couldn’t resist such an offer, especially since we were headed to their village and wouldn’t have been able to make it on foot. We were told that only one other trip was made out there before and it is technically still considered an “unreached” village. While we were here we got to put on a kid’s club program and I got to share the story of The Good Samaritan and about God’s love for us. This verse continuously ran through my mind all day. I couldn’t believe that God would actually call me to this place and then allow me to share about what He’s been teaching me. Missions has always been on my heart because once I found out about the love of Christ, I wanted others to come to that saving knowledge as well. I had all these plans for my life and figured I would do missions later on in life. However, God asked me if I was willing. I realized I had these desires to share the gospel, but held on tightly to my own life. I’m quickly realizing that when we have our hands open, we allow God to use us to partake in the very thing we were made to do. Love Him with all of our being and share that love with those that have yet to know Him. How beautiful is it that we would even have such an opportunity as this. We have the opportunity to forever change these children’s lives by giving them the hope of Christ.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02