Week Twenty-Four: 03/26-03/30


Week Twenty-Four: 03/26-03/30

John 19:30 “So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.”

Before coming to IGNITE, two people had a vision for me. The vision was that I was running but as I ran, my feet would get cut up even though I was wearing shoes. The reason I was getting cut up was because my shoes had holes in them. In this season here in Cambodia God has shown me that although I believe in Jesus and the cross, there are holes or misconceptions of who Jesus is and what He accomplished through the cross. This season has been all about Jesus becoming my everything and learning to trust Him, to no longer be hurt by past sin and the things of the world. This week is our last week and we also get to celebrate Good Friday and Easter. As a team we’ve been going through the book of John and on Friday I got to teach on John 19. I don’t think that this was a coincidence, knowing the Lord is sovereign and loves to make Himself known in the sweetest of ways. Through this passage the Lord has reminded me of the sovereignty of God and the love of Christ to fulfill the will of the Father. All we’re asked to do is simply believe it. Nothing we do or fail to do will add or take away from the depth of the meaning of the cross. It is finished. Jesus came to make a way and He did. Hallelujah. All we’re asked to do is walk in light, follow the great commission of making disciples of all the nations, and wait for the second coming of Jesus. I recently read a quote that says, “We talk of the second coming; half of the world has never heard of the first.” O. J. Smith. My desire is to spend and be spent for the sake of the gospel and for the souls of the lost. I desire that every child would know the depths to which they are loved and the measurement of that love to be the cross. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23