Week Twenty-One: 03/05-03/09




Week Twenty-One: 03/05-03/09


John 6:35 “And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.”


Our hearts are restless until they find rest in Jesus. Until we are fully satisfied in Jesus, we will continue to hunger and thirst. Prior to this year, I sought the Lord but not solely for Jesus. I sought Him for means other than Himself. Because of that, I was constantly disappointed when things didn’t turn out the way I anticipated them to. Believing in Jesus is feeding and drinking in all the Jesus is, finding true satisfaction in Him alone. There is nothing beyond and nothing better. Jesus is like a never-ending fountain of life that leads us to God. Faith in Christ leads us to this fountain that never runs dry. By receiving this, we are set free from the illusion that sin and the things of this world will satisfy. I never want to life a life where I chase anything besides Jesus and His will for my life. I never want to reach a point in my life where I am no longer dependent on the Lord and/or I think I’ve been filled enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23