Week Twenty-Two: 03/12-03/16


Week Twenty-Two: 03/12-03/16

Ezekiel 16:1-14
                                  During a worship night on November 5th, 2017 the Lord gave me the word beloved. I didn’t understand why because I honestly didn’t believe that He was my beloved and I was His. Yet this became my only desire for this time in Cambodia. We went to the Russian market later that week and passed by a store that handmade jewelry and I knew I wanted to get that word in Khmer on a ring. Through this season, I believe the Lord has begun to give me a deeper understanding of His love for me. The cross has become more than just what took away my sin, but a symbol of the depths of the Father’s love for me. This Sunday during worship, Izzy approached me and asked to talk about what God had spoken to her during that song. While she was praying for me, the Lord gave her this passage for me and she was reminded of four years ago when her leader brought her to get a ring that had a similar meaning. This passage is about God’s love for Israel, even though it constantly sinned and turned against God. In this season I’m realizing how alike I am with Israel, yet simultaneously seeing God’s unrelenting love for me. Through the passage the Lord revealed to me that I was born into sin and yet in that sin the Lord called me to live. Verse 8 says, “When I passed by you again and looked upon you, indeed your time was the time of love; so I spread My wing over you and covered your nakedness. Yes, I swore an oath to you and entered into a covenant with you, and you became Mine,” says the Lord God.” Things that I wasn’t able to understand suddenly were brought to light. And I believe that as this passage was given to me in this time because the Lord has told me it is time. Time that He becomes my father, best friend, and husband and not just my maker. No longer bound to fear but abounding in His love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Sixteen 01/29-02/02

Week Twenty-Three: 03/19-03/23